Legal Advice

QHow to respond to a collection agency?

I have a CA calling me for a debt laden DC . I sent a validation letter to a collection agency . I have not heard of them . What is my next step . Should I wait for validation. If they do validate , make a written settlement offer ? If it comes down to it , what to do if they refuse payment?
The agency man left a message on my machine and said

10 answers

This question still have no answer summary yet.
#1anynomousAnswered at 2012-12-21 12:40:53
I would get a lawyer to review everything.
#2suriAnswered at 2012-12-31 16:24:02
1. I hope you saved that tape because it violated the FDCPA several times leaving that message and you can sue . Most any attorney will take the case . I've been out of season for a while, but his message has multiple violations. They used to pay $ 5,000 for each violation and possibly see four violations of the FDCPA . I hope you have the tape . 1. to leave a message implied that even this was of outstanding debt . 2. lied ( not too late to file for bankruptcy or CCCS ) . 3. if he said he will send a law firm and did not. 4. If the second message was the same day .
If you have the tape , keep the original and the copy lawyer simply because they probably know what company he worked for them and they are huge . If you accidentally give the original to someone who needs a favor from them , the test could disappear . It happens .
#3digital cityAnswered at 2013-01-07 07:26:13 go and read the article on the elimination of debt collectors. This will solve your problem .
#4Nyla RoseAnswered at 2013-01-31 03:56:19
NOT lose those recordings - ! ! browned The threats to these recordings show that the CA has violated their rights . With these recordings that have the legal right to request payment of the CA for its violations , through the intention to sue or go ahead and sue them . You should also look over your credit reports if they are reporting , for any additional violations . If so , send a dispute
#5Alexia to WriteacherAnswered at 2013-02-25 15:17:30
I would not send them something or tell them anything except no call. If you send a letter promising to pay or make payment arrangements , the limitation period starts over again . Bankruptcy is silly, in most cases . Unless you have a lot of valuables , do not! If you can manage , consult an attorney who specializes in such matters . That's what I wish I would have.
#6shauntericaAnswered at 2013-03-07 20:27:51
do not let these people you brother . are all crust . if you feel like you do not owe them anything , Ingore them , but if they should make arrangements to pay or class , so every time you feel good . These people can ruin credit ...
#7Tlyer MAnswered at 2013-03-20 04:41:09
My friend , I hope you still have that message . That is abuse . They can not say to you. information can be found If I were you I would report that the ACCC . They deal with these issues quickly . I made ​​a complaint about recantly Dunn and Bradstreet . I caled 5 times demanding love of my data and I refused to give . I told them after the third call that does not call me anymore . They can only call 3 times in a week and do not harass . They can not threaten legal action unless the issue is 60 days over due and if they do , you must issue written .
#8dian charlesAnswered at 2013-04-04 10:44:44
From my understanding it is illegal , they can not threaten a suite of law unless they are going to do , think of it this way , these people ae out of commission and if you order soon, and there are threats of pay a percentage. if I were you call the better business bearu and turn it , and indeed I get threatening calls and I blow them off the insert , which is a horrible job harrassing people 24/7 .
#9AnnonomAnswered at 2013-05-16 12:18:32
You are wrong , you can work with an agency at any time , you can not stop. This is a form of abuse another person collection. No, filing bankruptcy bad for your credit.
#10help me out it\'s urgentAnswered at 2014-03-14 13:00:34
record those recordings dont lose them they are priceless. and they are going to save your behind. get a lawyer and turn the tables on that ****. you have had your rights violated!!!!!!!!!!! Sue sue sue!lol you got a lawyers dream case............
Anonymous Sign In Sign Up
Add Answer of
How to respond to a collection agency?

Did this answer your question? If not, ask a new question.

Related Answers