Legal Advice

QBack taxes owed and filing for bancruptcy.?

I owe more than $ 2,300 to the IRS from 2008 . I am currently unemployed and filing Chapter 7. Will I get the refund? Is it because the IRS made ​​bankruptcy ?

1 answers

This question still have no answer summary yet.
#1AnonymousAnswered at 2014-02-08 06:12:07
It will not affect your bankruptcy and your bankruptcy will not affect your tax debt - tax debt is not wiped out by bankruptcy, so your tax refund will probably be taken (note that if you file bankruptcy and you were getting a refund, that refund would go towards the bankruptcy as an asset.
Anonymous Sign In Sign Up
Add Answer of
Back taxes owed and filing for bancruptcy.?

Did this answer your question? If not, ask a new question.

Related Answers